The construction industry is a complex landscape that requires extensive knowledge and practical experience. That's where the Rhode Island construction lawyers at Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC come in. Proudly serving Rhode Island, Massachusetts, and Connecticut, our experienced attorneys offer comprehensive legal services that cater to all your construction law needs.
With over 15 years of experience under our belts, we not only know construction law, but we also have a deep understanding of the construction industry – its economics, environment, terminology, and technology. We've been on job sites, in courtrooms, and face-to-face with the challenges of construction professionals. This experience allows us to provide guidance grounded in experience and reality and to effectively communicate with all parties involved.
Our Rhode Island construction law attorneys anticipate problems, provide innovative solutions, and structure pragmatic agreements that serve each client's unique needs. Our managing partner Andrew Bilodeau a Rhode Island registered contractor has significant hands-on experience and understands what is actually taking place on a given construction project, hire a construction law attorney who knows construction. Bilodeau Capalbo analyzes construction-related issues efficiently and assist clients in responding decisively. From residential construction defects, project development to dispute resolution, we provide the full spectrum of services necessary to support owners, developers, contractors, construction managers, architects, engineers, subcontractors, property management companies and suppliers.
At Bilodeau Capalbo, we are not only skilled in construction litigation but are also experienced in all forms of dispute resolution, from dispute review boards to mediations, arbitrations, and adjudications. And when the dispute requires courtroom representation, we are ready and able to passionately represent our clients' interests.
When you partner with Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC, you can trust us to provide you with comprehensive construction law services so you can focus on what you do best – building great things.
We also handle a range of legal issues and claims including:
- Preparation of RFPs
- Project risk analysis
- Forms of security, including bonds, subcontractor default insurance, and letters of credit
- Drafting and negotiating prime contracts (including design-build, EPC, CM at risk, cost reimbursable, and other forms of contract), subcontracts, change orders and purchase orders
Litigation/Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR)
- Dispute Review & Adjudication Boards;
- Mediation; and
- Arbitration (AAA, JAMs)
Claims & Legal Issues
- Breach of contract and contract interpretation
- Defective specifications and design
- Construction defects and failures
- Change Orders
- Differing site conditions, changed conditions, and changed standards
- Delay, disruption, acceleration, inefficiency, and interference claims
- Extra work not within original scope
- Equitable adjustments
- Bid, payment, performance, and other surety bond claims
- Insurance - Contractor Controlled Insurance or Owner Controlled Insurance
- Mechanic’s liens
- OSHA and Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance
- Commercial & residential construction
- Power, energy, and utility
- Renewable energy, including solar, onshore wind
- Wastewater treatment plants
- Industrial & manufacturing
- Government / public contracting (state and federal)
- Hospitality, retail, restaurant
Partner with Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC for all your construction law needs. For a personalized consultation, contact us at 401-300-4055 today.
Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC’s Rhode Island Construction Law Attorneys represent clients in Woonsocket, Burrillville, Chepachet, Smithfield, Scituate, Coventry, West Greenwich, Exeter, North Kingstown, East Greenwich, Warwick, Cranston, Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, East Providence, Warren, Bristol, Barrington, Little Compton, Tiverton, Middletown, Portsmouth, Newport, South Kingstown, Charlestown, Hopkinton, Ashaway, Richmond, Narragansett, New Shoreham, West Warwick, Cumberland, Foster, Glocester, Johnston, Lincoln, North Providence and Westerly