contact us today

Enforcement of Orders

Contact a Rhode Island Family Law Lawyer for Legal Assistance

When you and your spouse sign your divorce agreement, you are telling the court that you will abide by the terms of your agreement. But what happens when one spouse does not adhere to these terms? In this instance, you may be able to petition the court to issue an enforcement order.

The court can legally enforce the following provisions of a divorce:

If you need assistance with enforcing the terms of your divorce agreement, contact the reputable family law attorneys at Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC. We are a well-established firm with over 35 years of combined legal experience assisting Rhode Island residents with nearly any legal issue. We can provide you with an honest assessment of your case and then assist you with seeking the best possible solution to your issue by effectively putting the law on your side.


Want to find out more about enforcement in Rhode Island? Call Bilodeau Capalbo today at 401-300-4055 and schedule a free consultation!

How to File an Enforcement Order

The process begins by filing a motion of contempt with Rhode Island family court. That motion is then served to your ex-spouse who will then need to attend a hearing regarding why they have not paid their obligations.

The courts can employ numerous techniques to ensure payments are given, including:

  • Tax and bank levies
  • Wage garnishments
  • Passport blocking
  • Credit bureau reporting
  • Driver’s license suspension
  • Possible criminal charges

Rhode Island has a zero-tolerance policy for those who fail to adhere to the terms of their agreement, whether on accident or by willful intent. If your ex-spouse has not paid the proper financial support or acted outside their legally-allowed bounds, let us assist you with obtaining the compensation you deserve.

Get quality assistance from Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC; contact us today!

Client Reviews
I have been dealing with child support issues for 15 years, back and fourth to court and I've been through 3 lawyers!! Then I found Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC. I revived all my back child support within a month!!!!! I have never dealt with a more caring and efficient law firm !!! I highly recommend them for any law issues!!! Rebecca Monti
I contacted Attorney Capalbo with a straight-forward but contested matter. From the consult to the very end, Ms. Capalbo was organized, caring and prepared. She was only focused on what was best for her client. I would highly recommend her to anyone looking for reliable and professional representation. Ms. Capalbo's ethics are rare and appreciated, especially in this region. Anonymous