Real Estate Litigation
At Bilodeau Capalbo, we represent clients in a broad spectrum of real estate litigation matters across Rhode Island. Our team possesses years of experience and a wealth of knowledge in this complex area of law, providing robust legal representation to ensure optimal outcomes for our clients. Some of the most common real estate litigation areas we regularly work within include, but are not limited to:
• Lease Agreements: We have a deep understanding of the legalities surrounding lease agreements and can effectively litigate on behalf of both landlords and tenants in disputes related to eviction, lease violations, non-payment of rent, and more.
• Contract Creation: Our team excels at creating robust and enforceable real estate contracts that stand up under scrutiny. We aim to minimize potential conflicts by ensuring all terms and conditions are clear, fair, and legally sound.
• Breach of Contract: We assist clients in navigating situations where a contract's terms have not been adhered to. This can involve pursuing remedies for the breach or defending against allegations of a breach.
• Earnest Money Disputes: We guide clients through disputes over earnest money, which is the deposit made to a seller indicating the buyer's intent to purchase the property. Issues can arise when a deal falls through and parties disagree over the return or forfeiture of these funds.
• Construction Defects: We represent clients in cases involving construction defects, where a newly built or renovated property fails to meet specified standards or exhibits problems due to poor construction.
• Adverse Possession Claims: We handle adverse possession cases, where one party claims ownership of another's land based on continuous, open, and hostile possession for a specified period.
• Defective Foreclosures: We represent clients in cases involving defective foreclosures, where the foreclosure process was not properly followed, or there are issues with the mortgage documents.
• Easement Violations: We handle cases involving easement violations, where one party's use of an easement exceeds the agreed-upon terms or infringes on the rights of the property owner.
• Trespass: We represent clients in cases involving trespass, where an individual or entity unlawfully enters or remains on another's property without permission.
• Fraud Concealment and/or Failure to Disclose: We also handle cases involving allegations of fraud, such as when a party is accused of concealing property defects or failing to disclose pertinent information during a real estate transaction.
• Easement Disputes and Boundary Lines: We can help resolve disputes over the right to use a portion of a property for a specific purpose (easement) or disagreements over where one property ends, and another begins (boundary lines).
• Development Plans: We can assist with legal issues surrounding the development of a property, including permits, zoning compliance, and disputes with neighbors or city officials.
• Inverse Condemnation and Eminent Domain: In cases where a property is taken by the government for public use without fair compensation, we can help protect your rights and ensure you receive what you are owed.
• Soil and Groundwater Contamination: We can represent you in cases where your property is affected by environmental issues, such as soil or groundwater contamination, and seek remediation or compensation from the responsible party.
Trust us to handle your real estate litigation needs. At Bilodeau Capalbo, we are committed to our clients' success and work relentlessly to protect their interests contact your Bilodeau Capalbo Real Estate Litigation Lawyer at 401-300-4055.
Bilodeau Capalbo, LLC’s Rhode Island Real Estate Litigation Lawyers represent clients in Woonsocket, Burrillville, Chepachet, Smithfield, Scituate, Coventry, West Greenwich, Exeter, North Kingstown, East Greenwich, Warwick, Cranston, Providence, Pawtucket, Central Falls, East Providence, Warren, Bristol, Barrington, Little Compton, Tiverton, Middletown, Portsmouth, Newport, South Kingstown, Charlestown, Hopkinton, Ashaway, Richmond, Narragansett, New Shoreham, West Warwick, Cumberland, Foster, Glocester, Johnston, Lincoln, North Providence and Westerly